Developing a portable diagnostic device based on lab-on-chip analysis system to detect COVID-19 disease (SARS-CoV-2 pathogen).
Project value: PLN 10 371 232,40
Contribution of European Funds: PLN 6 677 069,80
The name of the program:
Intelligent Development Operational Program 2014-2020 – “Fast Track”. Priority axis. Financial support for R&D works by enterprises. Intended measure – R&D projects of enterprises. Sub-measure – Industrial research and development carried out by enterprises. Coronavirus.
The aim of the project is to develop and pilot two products:
– an IVD multiplex laboratory assay kit for the genetic detection of SARS-CoV-2 virus utilizing RT-LAMP amplification technique;
– POCT (Point of Care Testing) diagnostic platform based on the lab-on-chip solution (LOC) and RT-LAMP amplification technique for detection of SARS-CoV-2.
Both products will be characterised with a high degree of innovation, being recognised internationally:
– high accuracy and reliability of test results;
– significantly reduced diagnostic amplification time (for the laboratory test) and over all diagnostic procedure (for the POCT platform);
– laboratory kit uses the same instruments and workflow as for standard RT-PCR SARS-CoV-2 diagnostics;
– mobility, flexibility and simplicity of POCT platform use (no need for a specialised laboratory personnel, instead a nurse, a doctor, pharmacist, an ambulance medical technician or other designated healthcare professional operator)
– very competitive price.